Quote of the moment

"I have to tell it again and again: I have no doctrine. I only point out something. I point out reality, I point out something in reality which has not or too little been seen. I take him who listens to me at his hand and lead him to the window. I push open the window and point outside. I have no doctrine, I carry on a dialogue." Martin Buber

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

The Santiago Times - English Language Newspaper in Santiago, Chile - News in Chile and Latin America - CHILE: THOUSANDS OF BUILDINGS REMAIN INACCESSIBLE FOR THE DISABLED

Well...it’s a start. I wonder about the access to everywhere else! Having laws directing accessibility equality and equity is step one. Following and enforcing is step two. Embracing accessibility for all global citizens and including people with disability as part of the cultural fabric is job done.

The Santiago Times - English Language Newspaper in Santiago, Chile - News in Chile and Latin America - CHILE: THOUSANDS OF BUILDINGS REMAIN INACCESSIBLE FOR THE DISABLED

1 comment:

  1. Donna Martinez is a marvelous force in the fight for opportunity, equality, and freedom from "labels." Her work is nationally and internationally recognized and is unending. She has a smile that yields all the hurt of man-made constraints against people with disability. Donna Martinez is right on-top of my list of disability law-makers and freedom fighters.

    ReplyDelete