Quote of the moment

"I have to tell it again and again: I have no doctrine. I only point out something. I point out reality, I point out something in reality which has not or too little been seen. I take him who listens to me at his hand and lead him to the window. I push open the window and point outside. I have no doctrine, I carry on a dialogue." Martin Buber

Saturday, December 17, 2011

The Do’s & Don’ts of Hitchhiking in Chile

Chile Hitchhiking Hithchiking in the U.S. is a dying art, possibly because it may result in you, the hitchhiker, actually dying at the hands of some Charlie Manson type. Luckily, there are still places in the world where hitchhiking is not only possible, but one of the more entertaining modes of transportation. Places like Chile.
Read more


3 comments:

  1. This is some great information, thanks for posting. I'm somewhat nervous of my Chile travel plans, I've never been to South America and I really have no idea what to expect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Donna,

    I am enjoying reading through your blog. I was adopted from Chile in the 1970's and will be returning to the country for the first time this Feb/March. Some of this journey will be documented (www.insearchofhomefilm.com). Right now we are looking for ways to connect with expats or Chileans on ideas of how best to spend our time there (we will also be searching for family). It would be wonderful to speak with you further if you had the time. You sound like a very kind person. Btw, I used to work with children and adults with special needs (deaf/blind as well) and have a special place in my heart for these beautiful human beings.

    Very warmly,
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Christine I look forward to welcoming you back home. Feel free to email me when you are about to arrive.

    ReplyDelete