Quote of the moment

"I have to tell it again and again: I have no doctrine. I only point out something. I point out reality, I point out something in reality which has not or too little been seen. I take him who listens to me at his hand and lead him to the window. I push open the window and point outside. I have no doctrine, I carry on a dialogue." Martin Buber

Friday, June 15, 2012

Ski resorts reviewed

Full moon rises over Andes and ski resorts
From our terrace with our telescope not only can we watch the rise of the full moon over the Andes, but also the Valle Nevado's ski lifts carrying its winter cargo up to the top. We especially enjoy marveling at the majestic beauty of the snow capped mountains from our our dining room window.


The view from our dining room

Yet, after three years living in Santiago, Chile, even though Valle Nevado is only 35 miles outside of Santiago, we have yet to go up to the resorts to do as much as toss a snowball. This year...if it actually snows enough... we hope to change that.

To help us decide where we will go is the Telegraph's article, Skiing in Chile: A guide to summer on the slopesRob Freeman, writing for the Telegraph  finds much to recommend the resorts of Chile for those incapable of spending a whole summer between ski trips.

No comments:

Post a Comment